1. Knowledge: Abbott Law Group’s attorneys have deep practical and factual knowledge specific to all facets of personal injury law. Catfish is regularly requested to speak on trial-related topics at various legal seminars, sharing his vast trial knowledge with less experienced attorneys. Abbott Law Group is who other lawyers turn to when they need help with a case, whether it’s offering advice or trying the case as co-counsel.
2. Personal Injury Experience: With over 65 years of combined legal experience Abbott Law Group, P.A. is respected as one of the preeminent personal injury law firms in North Florida. Our attorneys have experience handling a variety of significant injury and wrongful death cases including car accidents, semi-truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, product liability, medical malpractice, insurance bad faith and premise liability.
3. Reputation: Attorney Fred Abbott is a Board Certified civil trial attorney, well known and respected throughout Florida for his successful history of plaintiff jury verdicts. Fred Abbott has been recognized as one of Florida’s “Super Lawyers,” and has received an “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbel. An AV rating indicates that a lawyer has reached the peak of a long-standing legal career and demonstrated high levels of integrity, ethics and competence.
4. Leadership: Fred Abbott is recognized as a leader within the legal industry and has been elected as the 2010 President of the Jacksonville Justice Association, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping plaintiff’s trial lawyers secure justice for their clients by providing them with the tools and resources needed to improve and enhance their trial skills. He has also been a member of the Florida Justice Association and the American Association for Justice for over 30 years.
5. Jury Trial Experience: While personal injury attorneys are a dime-a-dozen, you should know that only a few firms actually take cases to trial before juries. When selecting a lawyer, it’s important to consider the attorney’s previous jury trial experience and success rate. Insurance companies research plaintiff’s attorneys’ track record in the courtroom and take this information into account when making offers to settle. Abbott Law Group’s attorneys have tried over 200 jury trials, obtaining several multi-million dollar verdicts, which insurance companies take a lot more seriously than an attorney with little or no trial experience.
6. Resources: Taking a case to trial requires substantial financial and technological resources as well as a team of skilled attorneys, support staff and experts. The majority of personal injury attorneys are not willing to go to trial and thus, are not able to secure the full justice their clients deserve. Abbott Law Group is well-equipped to handle even the most complex case against the largest of corporations. We are proud to have a full-time legal nurse on our staff, as well as internal technology and trial presentation experts which give us a significant advantage against our opposition.
7. Friendly Attorneys and Staff: When selecting an attorney it’s important to choose a lawyer that is intimidating to defense attorneys and insurance companies, but not to their clients. The corporate culture at Abbott Law Group is a warm, welcoming and relaxed environment, with down-to-earth attorneys and staff.
8. Integrity: Abbott Law Group goes against the grain of the typical lawyer stereotypes. We believe that trust and honesty should be the cornerstone of all success. We are extremely passionate about winning and fulfilling our professional responsibility to our clients, but only when it doesn’t cost us our morals.
9. Client Service: The legal team treats clients the way they would like to be treated: with dignity, respect and concern. Telephone calls are returned, keeping you informed with clear explanations of your legal situation and available options. And unlike some of the larger firms in North Florida, the attorney who works on your case will be the same one whose name is on the letterhead. Unfortunately the nature of our business often-times surrounds tragedy and loss. We are compassionate about your circumstances, and will support you and your family any way we can, outside of the legal realm as well.
10. Community Involvement: We believe that everyone has a social responsibility to give back to their community. We are a group of individuals who have been truly blessed and we believe in “paying it forward” and passing along blessings to those less fortunate. The attorneys and staff at Abbott Law Group regularly contribute time, talent, and financial support to a wide range of local charitable organizations.