Personal injury is a type of civil law that is designed to protect individuals who have suffered some form of injury, either physical or physiological, as a result of the careless or intentional actions of others. Personal injury law encompasses a broad range of claims, including wrongful death, car accidents, back and neck injuries, motorcycle accidents, medical malpractice, birth injuries, trucking accidents, brain injuries, boating accidents, burn injuries, construction accidents, nursing home abuse, slip and fall injuries, premises liability, work injuries, animal bites, and numerous others.
Most personal injuries fall under the category of tort law, which provides individuals with the rights to compensation when another person harms their legally protected interests. To establish a personal injury claim the injured person must be able to demonstrate that another party has the legal responsibility for their injuries. To establish responsibility for the personal injuries, liability and damages must be proven. Damages can include monetary losses and physical and emotional suffering caused by an injury. If you can prove liability and damages, our system of justice will award you compensation for your loss. For more information on liability and damages, please see our FAQ section of the Web site.
Call our firm today at (904) 292-1111 to get started.
Accidents can occur anywhere and at any time, and their numbers are significant:
- Unintentional injuries continue to be the fifth leading cause of death overall, and the leading cause of death for those under 35 years of age.
- The top three causes of fatal unintentional injuries include motor-vehicle crashes (41.8%), falls (14.8%), and poisoning (13.9%)
- There are over six million motor vehicle accidents each year
- Slip and fall injuries account for 16,000 deaths every year and are the second leading cause of injuries in the United States
- There are 11,000 spinal cord injuries per year, 6 people drown in swimming pools every day, and there are 1.1 million burn injuries every year
If you are one of the millions who have suffered a personal injury due to the negligence of someone else, you do not have to become just another statistic. Contact personal injury lawyers at Abbott Law Group, P.A. to determine if you have a case and receive the legal representation you deserve.
The above statistics were pulled from the the National Center for Health Statistics, part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other sources.