A Florida resident’s Apple AirPods earbud exploded while he was working out at a gym. If you have experienced the same problem, our class action lawyers would like to hear from you. We offer a free consultation.
Tampa man was using his Airpods to listen to a dance mix at the LA Fitness in St. Petersburg when he noticed white smoke coming out of earbud, according to WFLA.
He left the Airpods on workout equipment to get help, and when he returned the AirPods were fried.
He was lucky that he didn’t get injured, and he’s worried that it may happen again to somebody else.
“This looks like this was the battery,” Tampa resident sad.
“I don’t know what wouldn’ve happened to my ear, but I’m sure that since it hangs down, it could’ve been my ear lobe, you know, my ear lobe could’ve been burnt.”
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recalled their smartphones back in 2016 due to serious fire and burn hazards. The battery was overheating and posed a serious burn hazard. There were 92 reports of the batteries overheating, including 26 reports of burns and 55 reports of property damage.